Word of the day

Pedicure = toe refreshment
Padraste: we're ready
Verchatsene: we're finished
Dooile Leshark = bucket line
Ingher = friend
Vardaquin = pink
Gagarch = poppy
Vart = rose
Hogh = dirt
Skul = school
Achig = girl
Get = river
Dooster = daughter
Maireek/mama = mother
Avalush = see you later
Aghves = fox
Cove = cow
Hoki = soul/spirit
Beton = cement
Badinka = boots (in Russian)
Voznie = hedgehog
Leeka = full
Dartak = empty
Kyle/Gayle = wolf
Shoot -Shoot = fast/faster
Lav = good
Shatlav = best/ very good
Dune = house
Che = no
Voch = no
Hah = yes
IO = yes
Havanetsie = I like it
Eench Areshez = what is the cost
Auntsrev = rain
Tsegh = mud
Hav = chicken
Kar = stone
Khoomb = team
Dooile = bucket
Barkavatshel = prosper
Parev = Hello



Saturday, June 25, 2011

Boot Mystery Solved!


Since I returned from my trip I've received a lot of comments about my hiking boot "problem".  I did email Asolo and sent them photos  - they were very responsive and kind.   My how time flies! My boots are more than 15 years old - (a very good return on investment I might add).  And, if I had brought them home with me I could have even re-constituted them but alas ... they're living in Vanadzor Armenia somewhere. 

I wanted to share the response I received.


Dear Beth,

Thank you for the pictures.  You have the AFX 530 model from about 15+ years ago.  At this point in time it is normal and expected for the rubber materials to start to show their age on a boot this old.  An unfortunate fact is that even when footwear is not being worn ( all brands not just Asolo ), it does continue to age, and rubber molded compounds along with adhesives will dry out after several years and become brittle -  this is called hydrolysis or “ dry rot” .  While they are no longer under warranty, they can be repaired for much less cost than a new pair.

The good news is that you can have them resoled by www.davepagecobbler.com  who specializes in hiking boots.  I can also send you new insoles and laces for them - I will just need your size and address.  Then the boots will be like new for many more years of hiking.

Thank you,

Lisa Erling
Customer Service Manager
www.asolo.com